Barker Minerals Reports Successful Results from Natural Resources Canada Mountain Pine Beetle EM/Mag Airborne SurveyBarker Minerals Ltd. (BML - TSX Venture), is pleased to report that results have recently been released from a Geological Survey of Canada Electromagnetic (EM) and Magnetic Airborne Survey (The Cariboo Lake EM/Mag Survey) which identified significant positive results over Barker's Gold, Diamond and VMS project areas. The survey was supported by Natural Resources Canada and fully funded through the Mountain Pine Beetle program to assist in increasing the understanding of the most economically prospective rocks in British Columbia and what the best tools are to explore them. The results allow industry to target areas identified as having mineral deposits, thereby reducing financial risk.
The survey was completed on 200 metre line spacing. More detailed 100 metre line spacing coverage was completed over the Frank Creek and Ace project areas in order to be used as a template to identify other areas with similar potential. The survey area covered more than 80% of Barker's project areas. A soon to be released Natural Resources Canada Pine Beetle sponsored Radiometric/Mag Airborne survey over Barker's western project areas covers the remaining 20% of the vast Barker project areas and overlaps with the EM/Mag survey.
Barker's 100% owned mineral properties are located in the Cariboo Mining District of British Columbia approximately 80 km northeast of Williams Lake where they host excellent access and infrastructure and year round drilling can be undertaken if desired.